How Trump’s Birther Inquiry Incited Obama’s Revenge | by Mark A. Hewitt | @ AmericanThinker.com
A five-year tour with the U.S. Border Patrol brought me into contact with the various departments within the patrol. One was Border Patrol Intelligence, those Border Patrol agents who worked on the other side of the Mexican border to root out, with the help of the Mexican authorities, those organizations that facilitate the movement of foreign nationals heading to the U.S. as well as discover those black-market facilities that produced what Border Patrol agents called “bogus documents.” The real challenge for illegal aliens was to not only circumvent U.S. immigration law, but acquire a perfect facsimile of a “government-produced” identity card — one that looks great on the outside but is actually a bogus document.
Three years after leaving the Border Patrol and becoming a U.S. Air Force civilian, I was dispatched to Newport, Rhode Island as a student at the Naval War College. One of my “electives” had a specific name, but for purposes of this article, I’ll call it “intelligence agency appreciation.” During one such class, a visiting member from the “intelligence agency” demonstrated the capabilities of his office with two identical “identity cards.” He challenged us to determine which one was real and which was “bogus.” No one in the class could discern any visible differences. He held up one and said it was the fake — he dropped it on the lectern, and it “clicked.” He held up the authentic one and dropped it, and much to our surprise, it “rang like a bell.”
I asked him if it was his job to make documents for his intelligence officers that could withstand the greatest level of scrutiny when his guys were operating in a foreign country. He explained that if he failed, his guys would be caught. He also said it is the job of law enforcement agencies to conduct forensic analysis to validate documents, but it is the purview of intelligence agencies — worldwide — to manufacture documents to such a degree of authenticity that they cannot be detected as bogus by foreign nations’ customs and law enforcement officials.
The next time “bogus documents” were discussed was when Donald Trump offered President Obama five million dollars for a certified copy of the president’s birth certificate. Under withering criticism, Mr. Trump claimed he had sent private investigators to Hawaii to see what they could find, that there was something on that birth certificate that President Obama didn’t want the public to see. Trump wasn’t alone, as over 200 Americans went to court to challenge President Obama’s bona fides. Secretary of state Hillary Clinton immediately excoriated the real estate magnate for trying to “delegitimize” the first black president. … continue read more at: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/11/how_trumps_birther_inquiry_incited_obamas_revenge.html
# # # #
CDR Charles Kerchner, P.E. (Retired)
Other suggested reading and viewing on being a “natural born Citizen” of the United States:
1. A chart which lists and explains the five (5) Citizenship terms used in the U.S. Constitution.
2. Being a “born Citizen” or “Citizen at Birth” is not identically the same as a being a “natural born Citizen”.
3. Read this essay regarding the constitutional term “natural born Citizen” and basic logic, i.e., trees are plants but not all plants are trees. “Natural born Citizens” are a subset of “born Citizens (citizens at birth)”. Adjectives mean something. All “natural born Citizens” are “born Citizens (citizens at birth) but not all “born Citizens (citizens at birth)” are “natural born Citizens”: https://cdrkerchner.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/of-natural-born-citizens-and-citizens-at-birth-and-basic-logic-trees-are-plants-but-not-all-plants-are-trees-natural-born-citizens-nbc-are-citizens-at-birth-cab-but-not-all-cab/
4. A Euler Diagram which logically shows the kinds of U.S. Citizens and their set and subset relationships: https://cdrkerchner.wordpress.com/2018/06/16/natural-born-citizen/
5. The “Three Legged Stool Test” for being a Natural Born Citizen: https://cdrkerchner.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/the-three-legged-stool-test-analogy-for-natural-born-citizenship-of-the-united-states-to-constitutional-standards/ …
6. Article II Presidential Eligibility Facts: http://www.art2superpac.com/issues.html or https://www.scribd.com/document/161994312/Article-II-Presidential-Eligibility-Facts
8. Read, download, and print a PDF copy of this White Paper by CDR Charles Kerchner (Ret) about the “natural born Citizen” term and presidential eligibility clause in Article II of our U.S. Constitution here: http://www.kerchner.com/protectourliberty/The-Who-What-When-Where-Why-and-How-of-NBC-Term-in-Constitution.pdf