Is America Ready for a [Dual-Citizen] Thai Vice President? | by Don Fredrick | @ ThePostEmail.com
VICE PRESIDENTS, TOO, MUST BE “NATURAL BORN CITIZENS”
(May 21, 2020) — Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)—someone most voters never heard of—is reportedly on Joe Biden’s “shortlist” of potential running mates. CNN’s Chris Cillizza calls her personal story “incredible and compelling.” (Duckworth lost both legs in Iraq.) She is also “the second Asian American woman in the Senate” (the first being the lamebrained, Japanese-born, senior Senator from Hawaii, Mazie Hirono), while Duckworth’s “Midwestern appeal makes her an appealing pick.” Discounting the fact that using the words “appeal” and “appealing” in the same sentence tells us Cillizza is not much of a writer, the fact that he has not investigated Duckworth’s background also tells us he is not much of a journalist. It takes less than one minute on the Internet [Editor’s Note: see this link] to learn that Ladda Tammy Duckworth was born in 1968 in Bangkok, Thailand to a Thai mother of Chinese descent, Lamai Sompornpairin, and an American father, Franklin Duckworth, who worked with the United Nations. “Midwestern appeal,” Chris?
Only 12 years ago the Democrats and media leftists were falling all over themselves to insist that Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii. That was a direct refutation of those who claimed Obama could not serve as president of the United States because he was born in Kenya and was therefore not a “natural born citizen.” In 2008, everyone seemed to understand that birth in Kenya would have disqualified Obama. Why, then, in 2020, does having been born in Bangkok not disqualify Tammy Duckworth from serving as vice president (which also requires natural born citizen status)? Are memories that short? Does no one care about the U.S. Constitution? (We know New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy does not care. He infamously told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson he “wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights” when he imposed drastic rules on the citizens and businesses of his state because of the Wuhan virus.)
Tammy Duckworth was born in a country other than the United States, to one non-American parent and one American parent. That means she is not a natural born citizen of the United States. She is a naturalized citizen of the United States, but she is certainly not a natural born citizen. Again, if birth in Kenya would have disqualified Obama, why would birth in Thailand not disqualify Duckworth?
A federal statute, 8 U.S. Code § 1401, outlines the citizenship rules for individuals born outside the United States. … continue reading this excellent article at: https://www.thepostemail.com/2020/05/21/is-america-ready-for-a-thai-vice-president/
# # # #
CDR Charles Kerchner, P.E. (Retired)
Other suggested reading and viewing on being a “natural born Citizen” of the United States:
1. A chart which lists and explains the five (5) Citizenship terms used in the U.S. Constitution.
2. Being a “born Citizen” or “Citizen at Birth” is not identically the same as a being a “natural born Citizen”.
3. Read this essay regarding the constitutional term “natural born Citizen” and basic logic, i.e., trees are plants but not all plants are trees. “Natural born Citizens” are a subset of “born Citizens (citizens at birth)”. Adjectives mean something. All “natural born Citizens” are “born Citizens (citizens at birth) but not all “born Citizens (citizens at birth)” are “natural born Citizens”: https://cdrkerchner.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/of-natural-born-citizens-and-citizens-at-birth-and-basic-logic-trees-are-plants-but-not-all-plants-are-trees-natural-born-citizens-nbc-are-citizens-at-birth-cab-but-not-all-cab/
4. A Euler Diagram which logically shows the kinds of U.S. Citizens and their set and subset relationships: https://cdrkerchner.wordpress.com/2018/06/16/natural-born-citizen/
5. The “Three Legged Stool Test” for being a Natural Born Citizen: https://cdrkerchner.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/the-three-legged-stool-test-analogy-for-natural-born-citizenship-of-the-united-states-to-constitutional-standards/ …
6. Article II Presidential Eligibility Facts: http://www.art2superpac.com/issues.html or https://www.scribd.com/document/161994312/Article-II-Presidential-Eligibility-Facts
8. Read, download, and print a PDF copy of this White Paper by CDR Charles Kerchner (Ret) about the “natural born Citizen” term and presidential eligibility clause in Article II of our U.S. Constitution here: http://www.kerchner.com/protectourliberty/The-Who-What-When-Where-Why-and-How-of-NBC-Term-in-Constitution.pdf